I've been riding two SA (non-X) saddles on my commuter and road bikes for
years. It's the Lay-Z-Boy of leather saddles. I keep trying to transition
to a modern road saddle but keep going back to the SAs like an old pair of
comfy jeans. They are not super durable - the one on my commuter is nearing
the end of the tension bolt, so I should see about getting a longer one (I
believe SA can provide these). The newer gen ones are said to be a little
better constructed.

I never got on well with the Brooks saddles I tried. While the shape of the
B17 was nice, they were too hard and led to crotch numbing, even on short
rides.

KJ