First, I will say I deeply appreciate and respect the ability to pick up a
phone, call Rivendell with just about any question, know I will end up
talking to someone that wants to be helpful and will be glad, at least
truly ok, that I called.  I have never had a bad experience calling and
even got to talk for awhile with Grant when he answered the phone once...
highlight of my day!  Heck, here I am still talking about it!

That said... If the phone is the only or best way to get good information,
then I worry.  Actually, I don't worry, as I have decided I can only worry
about so much, and I trust the people at Riv to run their business, design
and build their bikes, do what is needed.  If it is real enough to be real,
known enough to be known, I assume it will be communicated... and I will
read every word, look at every picture.  But, if not communicated out
publicly, I assume things are still being decided, schedules are not known,
details are still to be worked out, problems still to be resolved... and so
I do not barge in, I try not to waste anyone's time.

I do sincerely believe that Rivendell would be well served by having an
official communications person, a true point of contact, the reader and
responder of the e-mails, the asker of questions to others when needed,
someone who could know as much as there is to know about all things
Rivendell... and they would communicate and post fairly regularly, and I
would know my questions would not be keeping them from other work, because
that would be their main mission, even their passion, to let people know,
participate, plan, and get excited... and to help Rivendell not only
survive but to thrive.

Ok, enough words as it is time to find the COG group (Cyclists of
Galesburg!) and ride on this amazingly beautiful morning!   Hope the day
for everyone is a good one.

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL