I've been thinking about ordering a Riv custom. I love my Soma San Marcos.
The San Marco is by far the best fitting, best handling bike I've ever
ridden...but it's pretty stiff vertically. (I was 220 pounds when I first
got it some 4 years ago, and now weight 180, so that stiffness is
exacerbated.)

My thinking was to get the identical geometry, but something along the
lines of the SimpleOne tubeset.

If I went with a smaller tubeset with greater wall thickness, and the
weight increased, I wouldn't mind. I'm looking for more compliance and
"plane."

What does the RBW brain trust think?

Thanks in advance...

Paul