Hi,
I recently posted about picking up a nitto big front rack..and while I
still may do that,
I am now wondering if there is any way I could leave my mini-front
rack on my S.H. which has mid fork eyelets brazed on and still
use some sort of low-rider pannier mounts that could be useful in an
upcoming trip, but that I could take off easily...
obviously I don't want a lot of racks for super specific purposes and
would love to just leave the mini-front on with a basket or bag on it
and mount panniers up front-down low on occasion.

here's the set up

http://gallery.me.com/jasonaschwartz#100056/bikeonbridge7

could the Tubus low rider racks be used underneath the mini-front,
using the same braze ons....?
I'm sure I'd need longer bolts, but I'm worried about too much weight
on the eyelets themselves.
I'd love to try the Tubus Duo, as there is no bar that wraps around
the front wheel but
I've heard this rack needs to pass through mid-fork braze
ons..actually through the fork.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in Advance.
JS