Maybe you should try removing the extra links and see if it skips then.   (Or did someone already suggest that? I haven't been keeping up.)

On 07/24/2018 03:22 PM, Lester Lammers wrote:
Brett wrote:

*The chain is not particularly worn (I don't have calipers, but it has at most a few hundred miles on it). It does have 6 or so extra links spliced into it using a second power link in order to accommodate the long chain stays.* The cassette appears to be in ok shape--no shark fins yet. If it comes down to replacing parts, I'll start there. The derailleur? It's an Altus--basically bullet proof, right? It's limits are set properly.

I'm having the same problem with my newly built MIT Atlantis. The chain, with a few extra links, and cassette are new. I'm not sure but I think the chain is binding under load.

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia