Congrats on the great bike and rides!!!
You could try DT shifting to save a little weight, too, and get quicker/crisper
shifts.
Took me two attenpts on two different bikes  but on the Rambouillet it’s second
nature now and a cleaner look also.

Tip: don’t ever shift a DT lever while your thumb rests on the TT- you can
shoot the bike right out from under you if you press down with too much weight
on the TT with your thumb while fingering shifter.
Use full fist or thumb/forefinger combo on lever.

Double Tip: Use Silver DT shifters on the DT bosses. They are long levers and
make it easy to grab them.

Triple tip: I think the silver barend levers can work on your DT bosses with
the stop ring. Call Mark at RBW and he can tell you how.