Yeah, something to move the load transfer point closer to the center of the
load would help in that, but then you limit your ability run hub area or
low rider racks (depending on the configuration of said racks). Nitto's big
front rack, Surly's front, or the pricier Pass&Stow rack all fit the bill
and can handle larger loads than the rando-style racks. Even moving the
struts that are on the furthest edge to the center of the rack could help
in increasing the operating capacity (see Nitto R-14)

Front loading is nice, but I am still in the boat of putting heavier loads
on the rear rack where it has less of an affect on handling and a lower
consequence of failure.