Gernot wrote:
> I do hope they come in at a significant savings over new ones (how
> about 33% off?).

Well, too much of a discount would force Rivendell to eat the cost of
repairs. I'd assume these are being handed over to a framebuilder for
tube replacement and then off to a painter. Consider the cost of
replacing a frame tube (last time I checked locally it ran around
250-400 bucks per tube, depending on the builder); a simple powder-
coat job (including old paint removal and surface prep) will set you
back a MINIMUM of 100-150 bucks if done professionally. Of course
there's some devaluing to be expected because the frame had been in
need of repair in the first place; but all I'm saying is don't grumble
too much if the cost of repair forces Riv and Co. to set what some
might consider a high price for the finished product.

I would guess that resurrecting the frame to prove steel's durability
is more the point here. I don't expect a screaming bargain-basement
sort of thing, because if they est the price too low that WOULD
devalue everything else they do.

I'm just sayin'...