I got a 59cm clem frame as soon as it was released and have had a similar
love/frustration experience as yours ever since.  One one hand, it's the bike
that seems most appropriate most of the time and is what i most want to ride.
But there have been a few nagging setup issues.  After changing the build
multiple times, the one i still haven't resolved to satisfaction is that of the
handlebars.  However, I'll say that every time i try something OTHER than the
boscos (including and especially the billie), i realize how much I actually
like the bosco, and end up putting it back on.

I have the aluminum 58cm version on a 130mm negative rise technomic stem
because i wanted to get them as low as possible.   I'm actually able to take
advantage of all that real estate because my stem allows me to angle the ends
significantly downward.  But they're still not quite far enough away even then,
and my one big, deal-killer complaint is with their flexiness.  Standing or
sprinting or trying to throw the bike around on rough terrain is truly
frustrating and sometimes even scarry to me.  If the flex doesn't bother you,
the billie might be worth trying, but I'll tell you right now that it's just as
flexy AND even narrower.

My plan is to try the steel bull moose version next, even though it would raise
the bars more than i want.  If it eliminates the flex, I'll adapt to the height
and be content.  If not, I'll break down and do what others here have
suggested:  go for the sure-fired solution of putting a jones loop or, maybe, a
surly open bar on it.  The only reason i've fought against going that route is
because so many others of my bikes - including my Jones itself - already have
them.