I had flip-flopped multiple times on the front vs rear debate before
ultimately buying the front Yepp.  We knew we wanted a bike mounted seat
and a trailer was ruled out almost immediately for us mostly due to storage
space constraints, as well the fact that most of our riding would be on
local multiuse paths that get really dry and dusty (although turned out
to not much of an issue during this rather wet NJ summer) so I also wanted
to keep our son up off the ground as much as possible.

After considering all the different options I eventually concluded the Yepp
Mini was for us... only to then be generously offered a free rear seat from
our friends that they could not use on their particular bikes.  Part of
what helped push the front seat selection was that I also already had a
rear luggage rack to install on the Clem and use for carrying stuff with
our son up front.  Then the rear seat was given and we were all set to
stick with it for practical reasons, but I began to rethink front rack
options as the Thule Ride Along rear does not install to a rear rack but
instead clamps around the seat tube and suspends itself over the rear
tire from there.  The irony is that I already traded away my Surly front
rack before all of this occurred so I was back to evaluating front racks
again with the rear baby seat now in possession.  As it turns out, the
Thule Ride Along did not fit around the widely spaced seatstays of the 65cm
Clem H but fits well on one of my Wife's bikes (and will fit a couple other
frames of mine for future use as he outgrows the front seat.)

So we went back to Plan A and bought a Yepp Mini for my Clem to complement
the Ride Along rear that we plan to transition into.  The greatest, if not
only, downside is the high cost for a 2nd seat that will only get used
maybe 2yrs max (front rated up to 33lbs/3yrs and you lose most of the 1st
year anyway) but I'm finding it's been well worth it so far.  Of course,
that is considering I have not experienced any other fit issues.  The long
top tube and high backswept bars seem to be key!  I do not hit my
knees/chest/chin on the seat whatsoever but the front seat does not work
with my 5'1" wife and her small framed bicycles.

Either route you choose, have fun and enjoy!

Best,
Brian Cole
Lawrenceville, NJ