I hear that. I won't consider selling the frame, and the bike you describe
in a ~67cm size with similar ride characteristics and any kind of
personality would mean custom, thus around $2k pricetag. Granted, I don't
know what builders charge for adding disc mounts. The frame needs some
other cosmetic work and I'd like a different colour, which is additional
motive for me to put it under the scalpel.

Didn't someone else around here or on the interwebs add discs to an
Atlantis? Would the frame or more importantly, the fork differ enough
between the A and the R to cause concern?

KJ