Big fan of double kickstands.  I've got the VO on my Sam, which is my
upright city bike with a Wald small basket on the Mark Rack in front.  I
use the VO wheel stabilizer to help with wheel flop.

I have a Pletscher on my Ram.

So the lesson might be that the heavier VO is more appropriate with the
heavier bike.