That's the size Wald basket I used for about 6 years delivering newspapers
as a kid. You do need to reposition it though. It is about 3 inches to far
forward. If the center of gravity for your load is ahead of the front axle,
the handling will be poor.

See if you can move it back and see if you can find struts to support it
from the axle, not that slender rack.

It is a great basket but it needs to be as close to the the head tube as
you can get it (which is why newspaper bikes had coaster brakes, not
calipers). And it needs wide lateral support connected to the wheel, not
higher. Higher support on the fork blades lends to instability: too much
flex.

Been there.

Good luck.