On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 1:53:11 PM UTC-5, Lum Gim Fong wrote:

> I don’t think it is too bad.
> VO says put Phils oil on pawls to quiet them if you like.
> I’m not going to bother.
> Not too loud for me.

I have a couple of VO freehubs and don't find the ratchet sound to be too
loud. Pretty similar to the White Ind hub on my brevet bike. The Phil on my
tandem is notably louder.The Shimano on my Cheviot is a lot quieter, but
has been pumped full of oil to try to turn it back to a free hub from a
fixed hub. Winter commuting miles on salt-covered streets took a toll!

Ted Durant
Milwaukee, WI (where postseason baseball is helping me forget all about the
inevitability of commuting on salty streets again soon)