Darin:

I have had a 58 cm / 700c wheeled Atlantis since '03, so that's my
baseline.  I've ridden a couple of 56 cm / 26" wheeled & also a 56 cm /
650B wheeled one, and cannot recall any noticeable difference in
quickness.  By quickness I assume you are talking about how fast it
accelerates.

My PBH is 85, so I'm in the overlap area between 56 & 58.  FWIW, before the
Atlantis I'd had 56, 57, & 58 cm bikes, and got comfortable on all 3 sizes
with minor adjustments, mostly stem changes.

If your Bleriot is a good fit, that's the place to start comparing
dimensions.  It's been said "can always make a smaller frame larger with
stems & seat height" which may be true to an extent, but being two sizes
too small sounds like a lot to correct.

There's an active market for especially 56, 58 & 61 Atlantis.  Those sizes
fit a huge number of riders so there always seems to something for sale.

dougP