On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 4:22:42 AM UTC-7, Steve Cole wrote:

> So my question is what can the bike industry do to help cyclists better
> understand the component choices they have and the effects on riding will
> be with different components?

Lol, there is or use to be a place where cyclists could go to get help
understanding component choices - a bike shop. However, where shops have
moved to "concept stores" or  the internet has force shops to carry the
bare minimum of stock, unfortunately, most shops are not very helpful,
especially for ibob/Riv related components.

May be contact Riv to see if they have a dealer near you who could assist
or at least answer questions.

I know, Good Luck!