Dstein, I can’t speak for smaller sized Clems and/or those with ball and socket
seat cluster... but one thing I could confirm about my 65cm Clem H is that I
could not use s Thule Ride Along rear (this is the one that does not mount to a
rack or anything and is instead suspended from its own steel rod base that
attaches at the seattube.). The issue was interference at the upper seatstays
with the supports that pass from the seattube mounted base.  My Clem’s
seatstays are just too wide for it to fit around them.  This may now only be an
issue with the largest sizes still using the original seatlug but can’t be
certain.  I’m sure other rear seats would be fine and handling with any rear
load has been trouble free.