Having used the Yepp rack for years now, I declare that the only drawbacks are
weight and that there's no pannier rails other than the grossly oversized top
rail, which would work fine with strap on panniers. I brazed on some lower
rails to get past the no pannier drawback (and made it even heavier!). The
weight thing is so they, unlike Tubus or Nitto, can proudly say to go ahead and
put your kid on this. The seat attachment system is quick and secure. In my
opinion, if anyone's got major issues they want to complain about on the
internet regarding these ugly, heavy, beautifully designed racks, their
problems likely extend well beyond bike parts. Buy with confidence.
-Kai
BKNY