OS recommends 2 fl oz per road tire, 4 fl oz per mtb tire. I've found that
less works fine, and I probably put in 1.5 fl oz in a 26" road tube and I
do add 2 fl oz to my 700C X 60 (actual) tubeless tires every 3 months or
so. I'd guess that our goathead populations are as large as any others (if
yours are works, gawd help you!).

OS in tubes seems to last 12 to 18 months, at least, possibly longer,
though I've had to replace sealant-ized tubes for various reasons; bad
valve attachments, in several of my Schwalbe tubes.

(Hope to try Orange Seal Endurance Formula starting next year; will remove
tires and remove excessive OS Regular build up early in 2019, should I and
the world at large be around then.)

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 12:39 PM Keith Weaver <keith.wea...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The Compass ELs do sound like a good option, and I really don't want to
> have to give up these brakes and buy new wheels. How much Orange Seal would
> be recommended? I'm guessing around one ounce per tube?
>
> Thanks for the generous offers to test some 650B wheels, unfortunately
> it's a long haul from Reno, I don't think that's going to work for me.
>
> I do have a Velo Orange sprung saddle on another bike (Bridgestone XO-3),
> I could test whether I feel any benefit using that saddle. I will say I
> haven't felt it doing much on my XO-3 to soak up the bumps, maybe I just
> can't tell.
>
> Regarding the bar height, I think that photo makes it look a little more
> extreme than it actually is, but I'll try dropping them a bit to test the
> impact.
>
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 11:18 AM Patrick Moore <bertin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Compass ELs with Orange Seal in tubes (and sufficient air pressure) are a
>> very workable goathead-country combination. I'd say that the tire savers
>> would be largely cosmetic if you have the sealant, and in fact -- haven't
>> tested this, but observations over the years may indicate it -- having the
>> little thorns stay in the casing a while before being flicked off may
>> actually help with the sealant's efficacy. But I still have a stash of the
>> tire savers myself, though none installed.
>>
>> I've never done a 650B conversion, but I'd question whether an early Riv
>> Road is the best platform: more bb drop, insufficient room for the fatter
>> 584 bsd tires (can the original Riv Roads take 650B X 42?), the ride
>> quality of the original as it was intended to be built up; and lastly, the
>> availability of Compass EL tires in the 700C width that will fit your
>> frame. My roads were built for 26" wheels and can take 32s and fenders, but
>> I find the actual-width 28 mm Elk Pass tire all I need in the way of speed
>> and comfort for road riding (these are labeled 32 and measure 27 and 29 on
>> my 19 and 21 mm rims, respectively) and even firm dirt and gravel.
>>
>> And, oh man, get that bar lower! I'll bet your back and backside both
>> will thank you for a bit of torso angle!
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 12:08 PM Keith Weaver <keith.wea...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for all the great replies, keep them coming! I hadn't considered
>>> a tire swap, but I have looked at the Compass tires section, that may be a
>>> good option. I'm in Reno, definitely goathead country. I'd probably get the
>>> Chinook Pass 28 mm tires with the extralight casing, and consider adding a
>>> bit of sealant to my tubes, and maybe even the tire wipers. My dad had
>>> those on his Peugeot PX-10, I do think they'd add a bit of retro flair, if
>>> nothing else.
>>>
>>> --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique