I reside in an urban setting in the Dallas

Texas area.

I love running errands on my bike.

My 'errand' bike is a 90 Rockhopper with fat street tires and the large Wald
basket from RivBike on the rear strapped to a Blackburn rack.

I get in a good portion of my annual riding miles running errands.

It's crazy how much I have often loaded

on it.

Those stretch nets like I bought from Rivbike

have helped a lot to keep from losing

anything. I sometimes use 3 of them to make sure the load is secure.

I have even brought complete bikes home via bike from up to 20 miles away, most
closer than that however. I think that last vintage Trek I brought home was
only 15 miles each way. Ha!

I imagine some folks do a double take and think I'm an old homeless guy when I
have a heavy load.

I have thought if I delayed very long at an intersection I would start getting
cash donations from passing drivers. Hmmm!

Fortunately there are quite a few mostly safe routes about the area usually via
less travel residential streets.

The number of bike paths in the area is growing and there are plans in place
for more.

Years ago I had about given up on Dallas improving in that aspect but finally
some of the city leaders seem to 'get it' about the benefits of encouraging
cycling in the area.

If I do have to cross an area with busy and fast traffic I have no qualms about
getting up on the sidewalk.

On most rides I usually grabĀ  several plastic sacks and stuff in my pockets.

If I am not on my 'errand' bike & need to carry smallish items I hang the sacks
on the handlebar.

Paul ' not homeless' in Dallas

'Errand biking rocks!