It is my opinion that "everybody" who is doing a Rinko fender agrees that
all Honjo fenders can afford to sacrifice 2-inches of their own length to
provide the Rinko-Bridge-piece, without rendering that fender useless or
ineffective.  In the one Rinko job I did, the bridge came from the fender
itself, and 2" was/is plenty.  I am not aware of anybody who has ever
purchased a second set of fenders to make one Rinko bridge.  If anyone ever
did that, I would agree that's an expensive little stub.

BL