Finally reached my goal of 5,000 miles for the year this morning.  Probably
will not achieve subsidiary goal of 100/wk average.  Will shoot for the same in
2019.  Also had less year specific goals that I achieved in 2018 - 1) Do
another unsupported tour to see if I was still up for it and, 2) Do an off-road
tour to see what that was all about.  Killed both of those with the ACA GDMBR
tour in July.  Will modify those goals going forward to do more of both but not
as part of a commercial tour.

I also did a century in 2018 almost by accident.  It was not at all a goal -
probably even an anti-goal.  I delivered a car to my son in Orange County, CA
and was going to do a two day, shakedown, camping run back home to San Diego on
my Atlantis but the day was gorgeous, the wind was very favorable and blew me
by one campground after another.  I felt like I was cheating!  It had probably
been 40 years since I last did a century.  Reading here of the randonneuring
exploits of some along with my accidental century is making me consider adding
a randonneur to my goals for 2019.

I’m very impressed by those who are able to achieve their ambitious mileage
goals while still having kids at home.  That is hard!  Mine are gone which
makes things so much easier.

Bill S