I recall how beautiful the ride from Kooskia, ID

and then up along the Lochsa  and Clearwater Rivers to Lolo Pass and then down
into Missoula, MT. on Highway 12.

Of course there is plenty of climbing but the remarkable beauty was worth it.

This was just a part of a couple months tour that stands out among the best
memories of that trip.

Now just before that riding out of Lewiston, ID to Winchester along the
Winchester grade

on the main road, that's a different memory.

On a hot summer day that incline seemed to go on forever and kicked my butte.
Ha!

There was a cafe in Winchester that had great pie however that replenished the
reserves.

I think I ate 4 slices.

Paul in Dallas