On Mar 16, 4:57 pm, William <tapebu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would assume there has to be some difference . . .  It looks like the Mighty
> Tour has denser material (lower Q, visibly thinner, yet higher weight) so that
> material must be a lot more costly to buy and manufacture from.

you're right.  for $300, it'd be nice to know the difference between
the mighty tour and some higher end cranks - not the XD2.

VO says they would sell it for $375.  and the "Compe" version
(whatever that is) would be mid $200s.

not a huge deal because these are all good, reliable cranks - but, I
wish there was a little more transparency about this.  from a consumer
perspective, it's nice to know all the details.

All I can gather is that there multiple versions of the Alpina Crank -
VO sells the high end of these for $170.  And, apparently, there are
also mulitple versions of the Mighty Tour (which uses a higher grade
aluminum than the Alpina?) - it's unclear which version Riv is
selling.  possibly the "Compe."