My guess is that a lot of Bettys went to women, and women seem to typically
have one bike that they use for a long time.  I realize there are exceptions
and I don’t mean to speak for every woman cycler out there, but that is the
case with me. I’ve had a 55 cm Betty since late 2012 and I have ridden the
wheels off it. (No really, proof is on my Instagram. The great wheel and tire
debacle of 2017 😂.) Honestly, we’ve been quite a pair, and that bike has done
everything I’ve asked of it.

When the Cheviot launched, it was shortly after I bought my bike, and I’ve
always wished I had the Chev. I love the decals and head badge and cream head
tube. Plus, it takes a larger tire, yes? Some say the longer chainstays aren’t
noticeable, but I’ve always wondered. Since seeing it online, I have been
dreaming about the dark sage Cheviot, and I *think* I could part with my Betty
- but only for that Cheviot. I’ve come to love my bike so much that it feels
like an extension of my own body, and anything else would feel foreign at this
point. Except another Riv mixte. So, I’m in the process of really evaluating it
it’s worth it to “upgrade”, working through feelings of selfishness at not
being content with a perfectly good Rivendell,  wondering how to break it to my
husband (whose eyes bugged out of his head in 2012 when I bought the Betty),
and fretting over how to sell a frame, as it’s a first for me. You can probably
relate!

So, depending on how that goes, there could be one well-loved 55 cm Betty on
the market in the near future. Maybe.