Hi Joe,

Jones Loop is currently set with some ergon-style lock on grips and
stock Clem levers/shifters (I think Cannondale branded grips.)  I picked
them up locally when I had to return another unrelated small part to the
LBS.  They had them sitting there with no packaging and likely take-offs
from a stock build.  I ended up arranging an even trade with the return
part for the grips.  I actually don't find the need to move my hands around
as much with the Jones loop and ergon-style grips and spend most time
in that wide primary spot.  With the levers/shifters butted up against the
grips I have the area in front of those and behind the loop weld joint
to hook into when needed.

The Chocomoose now mounted on the road frame is currently sporting the
stock Clem cheapie black grips and some old shimano 7speed canti brake
levers with the integrated trigger shifter pods hacked off.   I found
myself wanting to move around much more with the Choco than the Jones bar
and I think that's in part because the sharper angle and backsweep of the
Chocomoose bar maybe feels less natural for me than the wide/splayed angle
of the Jones which maybe just better matches my anatomy?  I'm a tall big
guy and have wide-ish shoulders, though wouldn't go so far as so say I'm
extremely wide shouldered, if that makes any sense, so I haven't found the
need to go up to the 71cm Jones bar and the 66cm seems to be working just
fine.

I decided to try the Chocomoose on this road frame when I scavenged the
previously installed drops for another pending project and didn't feel like
unwrapping the moustache bars to reinstall on a quill since they had been
more recently used on a threadless set-up.  I already much prefer the
Chocomoose with no shifter pods (like there were on the Clem) so it's an
incremental improvement thus far but seems I still wanted a full grip
right where the brake levers tend to interfere.  I think the difference in
single speed vs the geared Clem also has something to do with this desire
to micro-adjust my grip on the Choco equipped SS throughout the ride.

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville NJ