Not to derail (hah!) this thread, but I had also briefly considered an MIT
Atlantis as something to work towards as a replacement for my current
CleMTB. I was at Riv HQ a couple of weekends ago and got a chance to look
more closely at the demo bike that's built up pretty closely to my Clem, as
pictured here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtFHpw8jt5s/

The Atlantis is definitely a dirt-capable allrounder and I wouldn't
hesitate to take if off-roading. However, comparing it to my Clem (which
uses a Hunqapillar fork, and I assume has similar clearance to the Hunqs,
at least the later ones), the Atlantis doesn't have quite as much tire
clearance for big knobbies or mud, if either of those things are important
to your off-roading experience. The demo pictured above has 2.2 Continental
Race Kings on relatively narrow rims (Atlases, if I remember correctly),
and they are close to the seat stays and fork crown. My Clem takes 2.2's on
wider rims (Cliffhangers) with a lot more clearance. The Hunqapillar fork
crown is definitely wider than the Atlantis one, and at least on my
first-gen Clem with the fixed-angle seat lug, the stays are wider set. I
love my Clem setup and definitely wouldn't want to go any narrower, either
on the rim or the tire, so I think I'll be sticking with it for now as my
MTB.

No comment on the 12 speed stuff specifically but I will note that any
chainline issues are made less severe by long chainstays. I run a mountain
double (36/22) setup on my Clem with no front derailleur and a wide bottom
bracket to help the chain clear the tire in the granny gear. That puts the
bigger ring pretty far out and I expect it would be problematic, especially
in the big x big combinations, on a bike with shorter chainstays. As it is
I have no problems with derailment, even using a ramped and pinned
chainring (i.e. not narrow-wide or even SS specific) while bouncing around
off road.