I seem to recall - but can't find the reference - that Shimano cable pulls
for road/MTB rear derailleurs/shifters were incompatible starting with the
10 speed groups, and continuing with 11sp and 12sp. Here's the Shimano
cross compatibility chart (see pg 5 for MTB RDs and pp.15 and 16 for road
RDs): http://productinfo.shimano.com/download/pdf/com/2.7/en

The model for the Microshift shifter is SL-M10 MTB. I've used that as
indexed on an SLX 10 speed RD.

--Ed C.