deacon, re drybags, better late than never so far as replying, but having
run kayak expeditions for thirty years I swear by watershed designs drybags
(add drybags when you google or you'll get other stuff). they use an
industrial strength ziplock bag style rubber seal that is so good we have
used them as flotation devices....I first learned of them from the Navy
Seals, who swim ashore with watershed bags full of ammo (would take a SEAL
to swim with a bag full of steel and lead!); but their ammo is always dry
when they wash ashore.

might be overkill, but those things last forever, even in saltwater and sun.

regards, tom horton