If you go friction it doesn't matter. You don't have to lock yourself into
a specific cassette. That being said, 7 speed cassettes are still sold
cheap and plenty by Shimano. If you want higher end,  you can just cobble
together your own cassette. Grand Bois still does 6 speed cassettes.

The Atlantis is 135 rear spacing (like most Rivs). Hub doesn't really
matter. You can get the hubs that are for 8-10 speed cassette or ones that
are for 10/11 speed and just put spacers on them. I've tried 7-11 speed
cassettes. My fast bike is using 2x6 speed. My commuter sees 2x8.

Phil
Arlington, VA