I have a set which I believe use the system you're describing. I have no
complaints about the mounting system and have used them on pretty rough
stuff. I have used them on a Tubus Tara and a Nitto 34f/Big Front Rack. The
lower hook does seem a little flimsy, but again I haven't had issues. I
would just take a bungy or strap to put around the outside if I was more
worried about that hook on another tour.

Darin