Hi RBW - I'm want to place an order for a Roadeo – upgrading from my RB1
but wrestling with ideas on the final build. I'd like to reach out to the
collective mind and ask for some suggestions as my wishy washy brain can't
decide.

What I'd like to do with the bike in my fantasy world/bucket list is:
* Ride L'Eroica CA
* Ride down the Pacific Coast - Multi-day/Motelpacking
* Ride across US

Given these as the big picture purpose of this bike, I'm stuck between
these two options:

Build 1: Downtubes + Threaded Fork
* This would allow me to just have one bike for all riding but I'd like to
re-learn (as if I ever did learn) downtube shifting.

Build 2: Modern Build + Threadless Fork (+1)
* I have a Force 22 groupset on my current ride and I'd just swap out the
parts on the new bike
* I only need DTs for L'Eroica so I should just find a bike for the ride -
not worth using DT for everything else

Now that I write this all out, I'm leaning on Build 2 but since I'm hoping
to do some long distance rides, I'm worried about maintenance and Build
1/DTs would be a lot easier for upkeep and minimize problems.

I've considered other models but I've really been wanting a Roadeo and even
on these long rides, I don't plan on doing much bikepacking or loaded
touring. Just keep it minimal, simple, and ride from motel/friend to
another along the way.

Thoughts?