From: Doug Van Cleve <dvancl...@gmail.com>
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sun, March 21, 2010 4:00:41 PM
Subject: Re: [RBW] Re: Gomez versus . . . (Was: Part #1 of a Three Part
Question

A few thoughts:  YG or Ebisu = supporting the little guy, Soma = large faceless
corporation pretending to be counterculture.  Single TT a la Herse/Singer is
absolutely stiffer, that's why most craft built mixtes have been that way.  YG
and Ebisu are lugged, Soma is welded (right?).  As already mentioned, anything
other than drop bars makes it easy to deal with a longer top tube.  Ebisu has
cantis, debatably stronger than sidepulls and easy enough to set up assuming
modern ones.  Why is the YG $200 more than the Betty Foy?  Other than being
named after a female character, is there anything more feminine about the BF
than that YG?  For $200 less, I think I like it better.  I personally would
narrow it down to the RBW product or Ebisu.  Money not an object, the Ebisu is
the classiest.  Since they are at least semi-custom, I wonder if you could get
horizontal dropouts on one of those?

Regards, Doug