Not totally a teaser. This bike will be for sale by May. Just now i'm
trying to ascertain a fair asking price range for it.

In 2007 or  2008 my friend mark and I bought two toyo atlantis bicycles
from riv, fully equipped for riding from baltimore to california. a day
before we were to pedal west my knee suddenly gave out, fierce pain. I had
done nothing to cause it. "What were you doing three days ago?" the doc
said. It can take that long to feel. Oh. Three day before a friend had
called. Would I take my skiff and bring a birthday cake to their campsite
on a remote Chesapeake Bay island ten miles offshore. It was choppy, but it
sounded like a good party, so I delivered, standing up all the way in
pounding waves. Add that to the growing list of things I am too old to do
anymore.

Soooo, never rode west and mark's atlantis, a 56 cm I believe, has been in
storage ever since. His biking days behind him, and now living more and
more in Grenada, he wants to sell it. I can't provide photos or exact
equipment until he returns, but it's pretty similar to mine, which has drop
bars, phil hub rear, bar end shifters, rich wheels, a schmidt generator hub
in front, brooks b 17 seat...pretty much what riv recommended. schwalbe
tires look good but after 11 years???  we rode the bikes some before we
were to leave, but guessing only a couple hundred miles, probably less.

so thoughts on a fair price appreciated and we'll list it with photos when
mark's back, probably in may.

and my  knee's all better now.

and two months after we didn't go, mark met a remarkable woman from
grenada, fell in love, happily ever after....not the worst ending, huh?

tom horton