Hi Greg,
I haven't noticed if the BB is chamfered. I bought the frame off craigslist
from someone in the East Bay area about 4-5 years ago, so it's possible
that it is your frame.

It's good to get this input from the group, both on the suitability of this
frame for Alba bars (at least for me), and on whether it really should stay
with the beausage it has right now.

I think I've just gotten in the habit of acquiring a new bike every 12-18
months for the last 3-4 years. I just need to realize that this habit
requires that some bikes actually leave the garage eventually.