On that point...it may not be the brake cable hitting anything, but could
be the sound of a rough edge  of the cable housing catching on the ferrule
when it moves.

I run into this more with comressionless shifter housing if the individual
strands aren't cut parallel to the end of the ferrule and they start to
poke through/catch as the cable moves. Given that you don't use shifters, I
can rule that out, but it could happen with regular old brake housing.

Hugh "hard to imagine a better name for the sound than 'Bink'" Flynn
Newburyport, MA

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 5:43 PM 'Deacon Patrick' via RBW Owners Bunch <
rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Great idea, Jeff! 80% sure I’ve checked this multiple times, but I will
> recheck to confirm that the brake cables are clear. It’s often the simple
> things that get us, aye? The last hard to identify sound I had turned out
> to be a loose bottle cage.
>
> It’s also spring and the birds are back. It is amazing how many birds
> sound like a metal “ting!” “bing!” or “bink!”! Bird? Or bike? That’s gotta
> be bike. Nope. Bird. Wow. How do they know to chirp in time with my pedal
> strokes to drive me batty? Sardonic grin.
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick

Hugh Flynn
Newburyport, MA