Abcyclehank wrote,

"Leah,

Even your personal bicycle 🚲 tragedies are a joy to read for us in your
brilliant prose.   "

I agree with Ryan.

It's fun to read your posts with all sorts of twists and turns and a different
perspective to make them interesting.

Perhaps novelist could be a future pursuit.

Something about  your  writing reminds me of Grant's  writing.

Ha! Perhaps the influence of riding  a 'magical' Riv bike factors in.

The idea of a mobile  bike mechanic is not a bad idea and also  asking the
owner of the shop to repair just the flat sooner.

It might pay dividends  to seek out a local cycling club and occasionally
participate.

If you get to know some of them I expect a few with wrenching skills would be
happy to assist on minor fixes occasionally.

I know I find it satisfying to help out a fellow cyclist to get rolling again.

I hope it works out soon so you all can get pedaling again.

Paul in Dallas