I was blown away on my first bike tour (and subsequent tours) by the kindness
of strangers.

Goodness, that was 15 years back

for that first one.

I think it was 52 or so days on the road and during that time I only had one
person  being rude about sharing  the road.

There were quite a few occurrences of people being friendly,  helpful,
inquisitive,  and a few just astoundingly kind and generous.

I theorize that many would  like to get out and transport themselves by there
own power but for a multitude of reasons haven't  done so.

As long as we obey the rules of the road I think we can inspire others to get
out there.

Paul in Dallas

(Also riding in regular  clothes for many years)