Joe,
Totally understand for those that are concerned with maneuvering inside.  I
don't have that problem.  My bikes stay in an oversized 2-car garage, and
get loaded onto a bike rack for the 10-30 min car ride to one of many bike
paths or singletrack in the area, or a highway trip.  No buses, no
nuttin'.  I don't ride on crowded city streets, either.

So, I'm not seeing an issue with a slightly wider flared Albastache-like
bar with bar ends. I have wide shoulders, so with a 13cm stem, I think a
wider-flared Albastache would be the bee's knees!

Now I'm staring down that *56* Albatross I almost forgot I bought, which
has slightly wider flare than the Albastache.  Flipped, with bar ends and
shifters placed just so, with some Rustine's....hmmm....

Tom