That’s interesting. I would have liked to hear that conversation. I was
initially against the idea, but after doing more research, I am no longer sure.
I still don’t think Rivendell should go to disc on all their bikes, but would
one disc bike hurt? No need to answer that question. “Selling a disc bike would
feel bad” is a good enough reason. I am just curious what the actual
conversation was like.

It’s complicated. I am reminded of that recent Tom Ritchey interview wherein he
makes a long and detailed case that steel forks are the best. And yet, Ritchey
sells no steel forks. That seems … odd? Sad? Confusing? To be clear, I don’t
fault Tom Ritchey for that decision. Selling carbon forks is the pragmatic move
and Ritchey Bikes seems to be doing ok financially. But, to me, it’s
disappointing, maybe even a little troubling, that a company would feel it has
to sell something it doesn’t really believe in.