I personally wish Grant would consider toning down the MTB (or what he
calls MMB) hate rhetoric a bit.  He shouldn't have to disparage the MTB,
and those who like them, in order to prove the usefulness of the Gus, or
any 'hlllybike' he designs.  Marketing is one thing, but bashing the MTB
(and therefore those who ride them) doesn't really come off well, as
written. He's painting with too wide a brush.  It also implies that he
isn't aware of the singletrack environs that are vastly different from the
hilly paths of Mt. Diablo, where MTBs really shine.  And I'm just talking
about a simple hard tail here.  I don't ride a hard tail to show off, or to
take stupid risks, or to go faster than I can responsibly handle, or to
tear up mother nature just for fun.  And I don't wear motocross clothing
when I ride my MTB ... usually gym shorts or warm up pants and a tshirt or
hoodie.  The MTB is a better tool for the job for many environments because
it smooths things out a bit and also helps keep that tire on the ground.
Probably also important to say that, from what I've seen of where the Riv
crew rides, an MTB is overkill.  Maybe he's reacting to those people ... so
maybe his focus should be on them, not all MTBs, not all MTB riders.

Tom