I don't dislike threadless headsets.  In fact, I have several bikes with
'em.  But one feature that have found to be a bit more annoying than with
the old threaded "quill" stems is the fact that they come in a variety of
different lengths and angles.  Used to be, when you went to set up your
bike's bars with a quill stem you could figure out how far you wanted the
"reach" to be, usually by placing your elbow against the nose of the saddle
and then measuring the distance to the end of your fingers, and then buying
the proper length stem so that the top of the bars would just fit to that
measurement.  This distance could vary a bit, of course, depending on how
much higher or lower you set the stem below the saddle.

With these threadless jobs you can start with the same measurement but then
have to make tricky guesstimates to try to figure you what stem angle and
length gets the bars to the place where you want them.  It just seems like
a bit more trouble.