One of the surprises for me (and as Joe points out, there are more variables
than longer chain stays) is the ease with which GBW "glides" over rocks and
roots AS I climb and with turns. Part of it is a longer wheelbase doesn't get
"stuck" between rocks and roots as easily (and fatter tires are a big factor as
well.) Some of the side trails are opening up from snow now, and I was very
impressed by GBW's trunk hopping ability.

With abandon,
Patrick