This is a fairly comment problem, I know.

Lately I've had three different incidents where drivers slowed as they
passed me and yelled something. One was, "get off the road" while I was
riding in a marked bike lane, another was a dressing down after I rolled
(at a walking pace) a stop sign in an empty rural intersection, another was
something unintelligible.

I'm 66, and not inclined to interact with anyone verbally or physically, so
I ignored them. All three motorists drove off after venting, so nothing
happened.

But, if things were to escalate verbally, what would be the best course of
action?