I use the fairweather bullmoose bars with an adapter on my Appaloosa, and
find that slightly less sweep/rise and more width compared to the Riv
version is ideal for trail riding for me. Just another data point, I'm sure
all of the options described above would work well, too.

Here's a photo of the setup I ran a while back (transitioning to Crust
drops now):
https://www.instagram.com/p/BipPGR_hJwV/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Reid in Austin