Yes, exactly, if not for centerlock disc I probably wouldn't bother even
thinking of it.  I've had to deal with drilling out stuck and stripped torx
bolts on an old 26" 6 bolt front disc hub.  Ironically, this wheel was from
an old 'comfort MTB' (marketed as a hybrid back when my wife first bought
it) with both IS disc tab and v-brake posts on the fork and seemed like the
same wheel was spec'd on each level of the same model and could be used as
disc or rim brake.  I've since used the same wheel as a spare for rim
brakes without issue but with the marred 6 bolt rotor mounts still there as
a reminder and eyesore.

After viewing numerous center lock hubs recently I'd have no issue with
seeing the unused center lock mount on a rim brake bike even if sticking to
rim brakes indefinitely.

That still leaves a concern regarding the QR adapters with 12x100 TA hubs
and whether there are any compatibility issues among them.

The available hubs I've been drawn to most are the SON and Shimano
offerings.  I also just found a new Shimano release I still need to
research a bit more:
https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/deorext-t8000/DH-UR705-3D.html