Forgive me, list, for I have fallen behind the season. But the question is
important.

We had real snow here in ABQ, NM this past winter, and I do enjoy riding in
snow, so much so that I even thought of getting a sort-of dedicated snow
beater after finding that 60mm+ Big Ones with a wee bit less than 1 cm of
fender clearance at the tight spots leads to snow buildup at seatstay and
chainstay bridges, and even under fork crown.

I just read something that reminded me of this and made me wonder if simply
having another pair of tires, skinnier and knobbier, might not be the
answer.

What type and width of tires do you snowbirds use for snow riding? Dn
Patrick, I ask you in particular.

In particular: To avoid snow compacting, would a narrow tire work better?
How narrow a knobby tire works well in snow up to 4" deep?

It would be nice if say, skinny 48 mm knobbies worked well in snow; those
would allow considerable fender clearance. (I realize the danger of knobs +
fenders, but my front does have those release tapbs.)

--

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*Still 'round the corner there may waitA new road or a secret gate,And
though we pass them by today,Tomorrow we may come this wayAnd take the
hidden paths that runTowards the Moon or to the Sun.*
                                --- J.R.R. Tolkien
Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, and letters that get interviews
By-the-hour resume and LinkedIn coaching
Other professional writing services
Expensive! But good.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nuevo Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique