Asking on the RBW list after having asked on the Boblist, in case this list
has cycling glasses periti who don't read the Boblist.

I've been using 2 pr Tifosi shades. One is photochromatic, and that one
seems to block the wind sufficiently to keep my eyes from turning red after
10 miles; it also stays put securely on my Asian-ish* nose. But this pair
doesn't get dark enough for our mile-high sun in mid summer at noon -- when
the light makes the Santa Monica boardwalk at summer noon feel like the
winter solstice, and I'm not kidding. I use this pair on cloudy days and at
night.

The other pair is also Tifosi, and dark enough, and this is my go-to pair,
but it doesn't block the wind sufficiently, and it doesn't stay on my nose.
This pair may be older, as it was at least second hand, original source
unknown. My eyes turn red, especially on windy days which kick up dust and
pollen; out here, we don't have twee little green grass verges, the sides
of the roads are gravel and sand.

I realize that, after saddles and bars, shades are probably the most
personal choice in riding kit, but can anyone, particularly anyone of east
Asian ancestry, suggest some options?

I'd happily ride bare-eyed, but again, dust and pollen and wind make that
impractical.

Thanks

*Filipino with a bit of Chinese and even a dash (so I was told) of Arab,
plus Scots Irish English.

--

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*Still 'round the corner there may waitA new road or a secret gate,And
though we pass them by today,Tomorrow we may come this wayAnd take the
hidden paths that runTowards the Moon or to the Sun.*
                                --- J.R.R. Tolkien
Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, and letters that get interviews
By-the-hour resume and LinkedIn coaching
Other professional writing services
Expensive! But good.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nuevo Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/CALuTfgve1wGKVa1kUNjqODsBGmS16JcXq1Jt%3DSj1x4Cjepjngg%40mail.gmail.com.