Do you celebrate the changing seasons by annually pulling off the
fenders for the summer and putting them back on for the winter?  When
do you do it?  By feel, by date, or in reaction to the threat of
weather?  Or do you leave them on year-round?

I live in El Cerrito, CA (just north of Berkeley).  We had a little
rain this week, but I am tempted to take off the fenders from my
Hillborne pretty soon.  It's freaking gorgeous out.  I got the bike
last December, so I've never seen it built up without fenders.