Late to the game here, but Sinewave headlights are perfectly suitable for
singletrack use.  Combine with a Schmidt hub and you have a very reliable
long term, hard wearing dynamo set up.  We use them on our bike packing
mountain bikes.  Rock gardens, 2' deep puddles in class 4 roads, crashes
off elevated bridges with a 30 lbs load, all fine.

-James

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rbw-owners-bunch/58858055-bcfd-4c48-9d8e-9661fb360e18%40googlegroups.com.